Pinoy Coffee Tickle
Thursday, September 4, 2008

Coffee Video Thursday #6: Nescafe Coffee Ad 1977

0 comments



This is a Nescafe TV Ad back in 1977 that I saw in youtube (Thanks to Adman1909). It is such a great feeling to watch some old Filipino TV commercials. I must admit that at first, the song wasn't that catchy but after watching it, I didn't realize that I was singing it and it was stuck in my head. The coffee commercial must have worked on me and it makes me want to drink coffee. Drink coffee...relax and reminisce..

Hmm..I'm not yet old though and I wasn't born yet when this showed but it just fascinates me how times really have changed - from what people used to wear to the production of TV commercials but one thing remains and that is coffee hasn't changed. It is still a wonderful thing, don't you agree?

Another thing that makes me wonder, was the sport Polo popular back in the days? Since it's in the commercial, maybe it used to be popular. The Polo Sport that I know now, besides the shirts and perfume, is not that popular anymore since it's quite an expensive sport and I feel that there are only few places where you can really play and open fields are not counted (I think). It raises the question, was Polo a sport for any Filipino before OR did Nescafe used to be a very expensive brand that only caters to the Class A/B. Or maybe I just misinterpreted the whole point of the commercial. What do you think?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories